Saturday, May 17, 2008

A do or a don't


Yesterday I came back from work to find my neighbors outside chatting, so Scott and I joined for a little bit. The guys were talking about surf, the girls about bikinis. By the way, these are beautiful fit girls who go for a long run in the morning, while I'm either sleeping or commuting (sometimes with a bagel in my hand, I have to admit). Anyway, one of them was saying how she was wearing a bikini by the pool and felt bad because people were looking at her as if she shouldn't, because her body is not 100% back from the pregnancy. I, with a much less in shape body than hers, wear bikinis all summer. Not mini bikinis - and I don't keep walking around without shorts on - but they are bikinis, anyway. Shouldn't I?

This is a four-year-old bikini picture, btw. Don't get fooled by it. ;)

2 comments:

100 Thoughts of Love said...

hell yeah you should!!!!!

Kaneischa Johnson said...

Hahaha! I love it! I say sport the bikini! I on the other hand will stick with my lil one piece that covers me neck to thighs :)

How great it is you are close to the beach! I miss it dearly! But the good news is, I went camping on Friday night, and woke up to about 60 degree sunshine in the mountains at 7 AM! It turned out to be a gloriously warm weekend, which means summer is finally here!!

I am listening to your jazz again...and have already looked up a few songs on iTunes :) I will let you know if there is something I can't find! Thank you SO much!