Monday, May 5, 2008

Bem Casados (Well Married)




I hate to be away for so long. I know that I don't have many guests, but I really do this for myself and I like to be able to look back and remember what I was doing at a certain moment and how I felt about it. Sometimes I skip posting for many days because I'm burried in work and at other times I disappear because I'm having so much fun somewhere that I don't really have time to open my computer. That's rare but, when it happens, I love to be away for so long.


Anyway, this time was a mix of both. The plan was to fly to Brazil for my sister's wedding (last Friday), work for half of the time and enjoy guiltless vacation time in the other half. I did attend the wedding (and all the fun before and after it), but I worked every day. Not all eight hours of everyday, but everyday... Bummer.


These little cakes in the picture are called Bem Casados (which translates to Well Married) and they are traditional in wedding parties. I love Bem Casados and I always take a couple home (they are wonderful at breakfast, with a glass of cold water, on the morning after a good wedding). My sister ordered soooo many (soooo many more than those in the picture) and I've been eating at least a couple everyday :)

4 comments:

100 Thoughts of Love said...

what beautiful cake!!!! I have never seen anything other than boring "white" wedding cakes...that color is really lovely!

Kaneischa Johnson said...

There she is!

I was wondering what happened to you :) Those are some amazing pastries! I am going to see if I can find some here to try...we have a huge Brazillian population here and there are always amazing new foods to try at the parties!

Kaneischa Johnson said...

Yes! Utah is amazingly beautiful...I have lived here for almost 4 years and there is still SO much to take in! Let me know if you ever want to take a trip out this way, I can give you some awesome adventure recommendations!

Now..about this Brazilian music...want to suggest something thrilling for me to discover?

~KJ

Kaneischa Johnson said...

Just so you know, I have been enveloped in Brazilian Jazz all morning. :)