Friday, December 28, 2007

Breakfast for lunch and other happy things - an introductory post

I'm into having breakfast for lunch. Eggs, potatoes and bacon belong to the second part of the day, almost like beer (according to Kats' book, beer before noon is against the rules, but champagne is ok). Entering a restaurant at 1pm, after a long morning in the office, and ordering breakfast food can really make my day.

I also like beer, by the way, as long as it's a Lager or an Ale. With a good italian salami or with simple american fries. And, of course, I love wine, with cheese, apples, crackers and a good book, by the fireplace, in a cold cold day. But that's usually in the third part of the day, or I will need a nap before bedtime.

I like Havaianas, Caipirinhas, mandioca, Bossa Nova and everything else Brazil. I wasn't born there and I don't live there now, but it's where I grew up and where my heart still resides. Going for a walk in Ipanema, sitting by a window over Lagoa or eating appetizers at a typical bar (a.k.a. boteco) with friends are amongst my favorite things in the whole wide world. I'm also really, really into cariocas. In the good way, if you know what I mean.

Being home after a work trip also makes me very happy. Ive been traveling more than I expected, but this means I'm coming back home even more times and that feels great. I do, however, take a long time to unpack, every time, and I hate to see the mess. So I leave the unpacked suitcase in the guest room and I close the door. Having a guest room to be able to do that makes me very happy. When I come back home, I like to climb on the couch in my PJs and watch silly shows on TV with that wine from the first paragraph on hand.

Colorful charts (with lines that go up and above) and cool presentations have a way of putting a smile on my face. I'm very proud of my accomplishments and I have to confess that I do like to work. I like to complain about work too, but who doesn't? Numbers (specially high ones) got recently upgraded from the list of things I don't understand to the list of things I really enjoy playing with.

I like art, mostly in two ways: beautiful photography art and tasty culinary art. I'm not a pro in any of those, but thankfully I don't get tired of trying (people say that Brazilians are very persistent and never, never give up). Both are better when friends get involved. Photos of smiles generated by good meals are priceless.

In simple lines, this is who I am. There is more to me, I guess, but this is pretty much enough to start. Congratulations, you just graduated from Kats 101.

No comments: