Wednesday, May 12, 2004

vtp - we do have very important conversations


We talk about family:


- My mother in law offered to hem my pants, can you believe it?

- Weird, but nice, right? So you don't have to do that yourself.

- I don't know if it's nice, sounds so weird.

- Mine is funny. She thinks that, to be healthy and beautiful, you have to be fat.

- So tipical! We kill ourselves to get in shape and they're worried about how much strenght we have to take care of their sons.

- A couple of weeks ago my mother in law came to me with the sadest face and told me that she noticed I've been loosing weight - and I immediately thanked her. Then she went out for lunch and came back with a gift for me, a little greasy bag with fries.

- Sounds great! Who wouldn't want a bag of fries???? I would love that, but no one gives me that kind of stuff, everyone thinks I'm too delicate to like these fatty things.

- I can't believe it. Are you saying that you would like to get a bag of fries as a gift from your mother in law????

- I would love it! And I also want her to hem my pants. If you ask around, the only thing that mothers in law have been doing is vodu dolls with our faces on them. You have these angels that sew and bring food, you have no right to complain!

.............................................
And about work also:

- So... does your store sell wholesale or retail?

- It's a hybrid - my business is called casting care.

- Cache coeur? Sounds fun, but I thought you sold food, not clothing.

Important notice: this is only a poetic license, we are actually very smart.

No comments: