Friday, May 16, 2008

The best friends on earth



I know I'm not doing a great job posting here. This picture is still from Brazil (I've been back for 10 days and some part of my brain still doesn't seem to accept it): two Sundays ago, lunch with most of my dearest friends (we were 7 out of the 10 girls, plus guys and kids).

When we started the VTP it was just us, 10 girls having a really fun monthly dinner at someone's home. Now we bring husbands, boyfriends, kids and even a nanny sometimes. The boys bonded too and I'm sure they would stay friends, even if us girls disappeared from the face of the earth. It's such a great group and, together with my family, the reason why I miss home so so much.

Fernanda was really pregnant on that day and she gave birth to Manuela a little more than 12 hours after leaving the restaurant. I was amazed. I mean, I know where babies come from, but seeing her round belly on one day and the baby (a whole new person) in the crib on the next day just blew me away. Makes you want to have one too, you know?