Monday, April 14, 2008

Mexico City immigration line (line????), today, 7:30pm


I've been getting crazy lines everytime I have to work in México and I really don't get it. Today I spent almost two hours standing in line (well, that's not exactly a line, hah?)

And I do ger very annoyed, for more than one reason.

1. They usually have a lot of federal people in the area, but just about a third of them is working on the counters. The others stay at the far left chatting.

2. The lines are not labeled and there's no one around to tell people where to go, so you have no idea of which line is for locals and which one is for tourists (that's when there are lines - today was more of a crowd just pushing each other).

3. Sometimes they give you a hard time at the counter. It's funny, because, come on, with all the respect, who would want to immigrate ilegally to México?

4. They are very disorganized. I travel with a Brazilian passport and my greencard. After being in and out of the country 5 or 6 times with no problems, they once took me to the little room, made a tons of questions and demanded that next time I carry an Argentinean passport. So when I got back to LA I spent hours in the Argentinean consulate to get a passport and now I carry it every time - but guess what!!!! No one asked for it in México immigration, ever again. Even when I offer, they don't want to see it...

My mom and siblings tell me that I'm very short tempered and that's why I get mad at these things - they actually make fun of me when I lose it. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. Am I?

2 comments:

Kaneischa Johnson said...

UGH! you poor girl. Hang in there!

Don't you love the irony of the government system in Mexico??

100 Thoughts of Love said...

good lord, I hate lines.....