Sunday, April 13, 2008

Gorgeous weekend



The photo - from my iphone - doesn't make justice. There was not a single cloud in the sky, all weekend long. And Ripley got to go for a swim :)


On another note, we are doing our taxes tonight - well, Scott is doing that while I blog and try to look supportive. He just asked me if we should choose to have three dollars given to presidential campaigns and this gets me so mad. It's not my money anymore (after it turned into tax money) but I would like it much more to be able to choose and give these three dollars to someone who needs them more than the presidential candidates. If they could get one dollar from each one of us, every month, and turn it into food, education and health care for the ones in need, it would make a big difference.


Maybe I'm just being crazy here... But a couple of weeks ago I got this letter on the mail asking for money for children's lip operation and I sent a check. Last week I decided I wouldn't donate to American Idol gives back (I figured enough people already do) but I ended up going online and sending some money. You know, 20 dollars here and 50 there might go unnoticed through our wallets, but could be a big difference for someone else.


It doesn't hurt me to do it - and I hope I can keep doing - but when I think of all the taxes we already pay... we shouldn't be having to do this on the side, should we?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I've been relying totally on my iPhone for holiday pictures and I've been amazed by the quality and colours of daytime pictures. Not so great at night, but for a camera with no settings it's not too bad at all.