Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Other events around the wedding


As Scott's family went to Brazil for our wedding, we had some other events before and after, while our families were together.

My mother in law (Jennifer) and stepfather in law (Nick) hosted a great dinner my favorite steak restaurant on the 23rd and that was the moment when everyone started to feel comfortable around each other (it was a big big table). After that Scott and I went out with our siblings to meet my friends at a bar. I really wanted Scott's brother to meet some of the people before the party.

On the 24th my father in law (Bruce) and his girlfriend (Yvonne) arrived and we went out for dinner with them, so they could meet my family before the wedding too. My cousin Veronica arrived from Argentina and joined us there. Everything was perfect.

The picture above was taken a couple of days after the wedding. Bruce was really interested in trying some Brazilian wines (we warned him, but he insisted), so we helped him to organize a tasting, with all the glasses and some fun finger food. As expected, none of the Brazilian wines was great, but we were very excited with a couple of really good Chilean ones that he brought as benchmark. It felt like the wedding was going on and on, for all these days. We had a great time.

No comments: