Friday, October 28, 2005

It was in Pittsburgh


We spent some days with Scott's dad's in the house he (Scott) grew up, in Pittsburgh, mostly eating very good food and drinking amazing wines. The weather was very cold, but (unfortunately for me, fortunately for them) it didn't snow. I grew up in a place where it never snows, so I would only see it when traveling. Snow has a vacation flavor for me.

Bruce is really serious with his food and wine. If it's not the best. he won't eat or drink it. The entire trip was a treat for us, both when eating at home and out. I made a gorgonzola and squash soup, a mushroom risotto and my stepdad's baked fillet - and apparently everything was approved, so I've been bragging a little ;)

This picture is from Scott's bedroom window. Call me sentimental, but I it made me smile to think that this is the place where he turned into what he is today.

No comments: